One more recipe from my last post on “A taste of war”
Mourgh – (Afghan Chicken)
The key here is to slowly marinate the chicken in yogurt and garlic overnight. For four people Working Time: 90 minutes
- 2 Cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ tea spoon of salt
- 2 Cups of plain yogurt
- Juice and pulp of 1 large lemon
- ½ tea spoon of course, cracked black pepper
- 4 individual chicken breasts, skinned and deboned
Serve with fresh warmed pita bread and fresh yogurt
- In large ceramic blow combine the salt and garlic and mix well. Then add lemon and pepper.
- Add the chicken and the yogurt and mix well. Make sure the whole chicken is covered.
- Marinate in a sealed bowl overnight in the refrigerator
- When ready to serve, remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill or broil the chicken for about 9-10 minutes
- Serve with fresh yogurt and pita bread